We accompany and advise on questions of company succession with comprehensive expertise in business law.
The topic of company succession concerns almost every entrepreneur at some point in the course of his or her career, at the latest when retirement age approaches. The question then arises as to who will continue to run the company, whether there is a capable and interested successor in the family or whether the company should possibly be sold. We accompany and advise entrepreneurs, family businesses and private individuals on all questions relating to business succession and asset succession within the family and, if necessary, also in the event of a planned sale to third parties.
Company succession raises many questions that need to be clarified, especially in preparation of a generational change. Strategic preliminary considerations and the subsequent implementation of business succession require time and make early planning and structuring of business succession important. Company succession through the entry of a family member, management or even sale to third parties requires comprehensive advice. The family background must always be kept in mind when providing economic, legal and tax advice. We also help to communicate the decisions within the family in a comprehensible manner so that no disputes arise.
The earlier and more thoroughly the preliminary considerations for company succession can be initiated and implemented, the better they can be adapted to the ideas of the person handing over the business and the more favourable tax arrangements for company succession can possibly be found. In this context, we also draft living wills and health care proxies as well as appointments of legal representative for health care.
The aim of a planned structured company succession is to ensure the cohesion of assets by securing the company in the long term and avoiding disputes within the family and with possible co-partners.
Our lawyers provide advice on all matters relating to a company succession, in particular
- Development of a succession concept according to the transferor's ideas in corporate law, inheritance law and, in cooperation with a renowned tax consultancy firm, tax law issues.
- Implementation of the succession concept by drafting contracts under company law
- Creation of new corporate structures, e.g. holding companies
- Implementation of the succession concept by drafting inheritance law regulations, entrepreneurial wills, inheritance contracts, waiver of forced heirship rights
- Drafting of management contracts
- Execution of wills