Employment law has become increasingly complex in recent years. At the same time, business success often requires quick and smart personnel decisions. We support employers and employees in maintaining an overview and advise them on all employment law issues, starting with the application process and non-discriminatory job advertisements, through the drafting of the employment contract and any problem solving during the term of the employment relationship up to its termination, if necessary in employment court proceedings (dismissal protection proceedings).
Knowledge of the applicable employment law provisions as well as compliance with them are of considerable importance for the employer's business success. With the introduction of the Minimum Wage Act (Mindestlohngesetz) and the General Data Protection Regulation (Datenschutzgrundverordnung), violations of employment law regulations are even more serious. Employers can only be successful in terms of employment law if they have structured personnel planning and development. In this context, we also include related fields of law in our advice, in particular company law (e.g. in case of transfer of business, applicability of employment law provisions to the managing director) and social security law (e.g. on the social security obligation of the managing director, false self-employment).
When founding and restructuring companies or initiating acquisitions and sales of companies, we take into account the employment law aspects of the transaction from the very beginning, both on an individual and collective law level, and implement them at an early stage when drafting the contract.
We advise and represent employers and employees nationwide in employment law. Our work includes both out-of-court advice as well as litigation before the employment courts and support in mediation proceedings.
In the field of employment law we focus on the following topics:
- Drafting of employment contracts
- Work contracts for managing directors
- Termination of employment relationships
- Termination agreement / winding-up agreement
- Claims for wrongful dismissal
- Fixed-term employment contracts
- Minimum wage
- Liability of the principal according to the Minimum Wage Act
- Working time models (part-time, work on call)
- Temporary workers
- Posting of employees
- General Equal Treatment Act (AGG)
- General Terms and Conditions
- Post-contractual non-competition clause
- False self-employment - distinction between employees and freelancers
- Transfer of business
- Social security obligation of managing directors
- Employment law advice on M&A transactions
- Due Diligence
- Remuneration models
- Employee participation
- Phantom Stocks
- Data protection
- Legal representation / mediation